Law firms typically operate on “billable hours,” even a single hour of downtime can be costly for legal professionals. However, a managed service provider (MSP) such as Domain Digital, that offers data backup and disaster recovery (BDR) and business continuity solutions can help a law firm minimise downtime. Here’s how:
MSPs can provide data BDR (Business Disaster Recovery) and business continuity solutions that not only address a Perth law firms’ compliance and regulatory issues but also can prevent downtime, according to data Domain Digital has compiled over many, many years managing these types of IT environments.
“Law firms are increasingly dependent on electronic assets, which can put them at great risk should they experience downtime” Domain Digital CEO Charlie Stephens warns. Charlie also goes on to note the 5 factors that impact on a law firms bottom line.
These are the Five factors that often impact law firms’ downtime costs:
A law firm that leverages data BDR and business continuity solutions can avoid costly downtime and other problems.
- The cost of continuing without data – Can your law firm continue to operate without data? This can be difficult and in many cases it could prove to be extremely time-consuming and costly to recover.
- The cost of recreating data – A law firm that wants to recreate its lost data could encounter numerous expenses along the way. This includes, but may not be limited to, the time it takes to get all the data back to a point where business can resume, paying your employees wages whilst they sit around and wait to be able to work, 3rd party assistance if required, you get the idea.
- The cost of notifying users in the event of a compromise – If a law firm’s client or employee information is compromised, it could be expensive to notify all of the people who may have been affected. Not to mention the potential fines that can now be levied under the Australian Government’s “Mandatory Data Breach Regulations”.
- Loss of reputation – Your law firm may have built a sterling reputation in the Perth and greater Australian business community over the years, but downtime could cause even long-time clients to consider alternatives.
- Fees incurred due to a compliance breach – It sometimes can take weeks, months or even years to fully recovery from a compliance breach fine, and this incident’s costs could hinder your law firm’s growth.
Solutions provided and managed by Domain Digital will ensure these types of scenarios can be avoided.
A law firm that leverages data BDR and business continuity solutions can avoid costly downtime and other problems. Solutions provided and managed by Domain Digital will ensure these types of scenarios can be avoided.
Domain Digital can offer law firms BDR and business continuity solutions to help them protect their sensitive information against security threats, comply with government regulations and avoid potential lost revenue.
To learn how Domain Digital can save your firm thousands of dollars a year, just ask