Let’s begin with some basic stats:
- Most helpdesks spend 30% of their time on unlocking accounts and resetting passwords
- Most in-house IT staff lack current technology knowledge and certifications
- Most businesses do not have a comprehensive understanding of their own network and what is within it
- Most businesses operate within normal working hours without anyone looking at the IT out-of-hours
- Most businesses don’t truly know where all of their data resides, whether it be on-premise or in the cloud
IT is a bit more important than switch it off and on again. We all know this trick works well sometimes, but when it comes to taking care of your complex IT needs and server requirements, this might not be the best solution to use!
Looking at in-house IT staff, it is sometimes clear to see that organisations who have a high retention rate of their IT team are far more likely to see those staff be less knowledgeable about the current technological trends and be very much geared towards continuing operations in the same way that they have been for many years. This can sometimes be very beneficial to the business as the good old saying goes “don’t try to fix something that isn’t broken”. Similarly, this can be very detrimental to business as it means that where a technological advancement may increase profits and efficacy by 30% for example, the business has not taken advantage of this in the best way.
Outsourcing to Managed IT providers, even if in part, will allow not only the internal IT to focus on the day-to-day matters, but it will also allow a better, seamless transition for end-users to a more efficient and productive way of working. In doing so, your business will also be able to take advantage of some of the key features which MSPs have to offer over the traditional in-house IT engineers:
- 24/7 monitoring, support and maintenance
- Remote access to all or part of your network
- Patch management, allowing your business to keep on top of critical and security updates as they are released
- Disaster recovery and backup
Ultimately, Managed Services has proven to increase productivity within organisations, save organisations money as they are able to free up their resources or even relieve them of their duties entirely while ensuring that the spending is predictable and budgeted. In addition, as MSPs have a number of staff, you can be sure that your issues will be dealt with in much faster times, your business will have the latest and best knowledge on-tap whenever required and you can rest easy knowing that your business is protected at all times with 24/7 remote monitoring and support.
What should you do about this though? That really depends upon your needs and requirements as a business.
Domain Digital is a trusted IT services provider, a Microsoft Partner with experts available to you and your business at the dial of a button. Handling IT, Cloud, Communications and Connectivity requirements for businesses in the Perth, regional Western Australia and across Australia, we have a wealth of knowledge in assisting businesses with and without in-house IT staff.
Get in touch with Domain Digital to find out how we can help your business by visiting www.domaindigital.com.au or fill out this form for an obligation free conversation