Perth Glory Football Club is an Australian professional soccer club based in Perth. It competes in the country’s premier competition, the A-League, under licence from Football Federation Australia. The organisation has 26 full time employees, 8 part time employees and a host of volunteer staff that help it deliver a wide range of community engagement programs that reach over 20,000 children each year.
In 2017, the club faced multiple challenges in relation to both its technology and physical environments. The desktop fleet was approaching end of life, the existing mix of Windows 7 and 8 operating systems required an upgrade. The club also had an added complexity of having to operate over multiple sites, games days at NIB Stadium with online shopping, POS systems and communication back to the club’s server required in and out of regular business hours. Our management and coaching staff also needed access to files and folders while travelling across Australia, New Zealand and at times, internationally.
Scope of Services Provided by Domain Digital:
- Providing IT Managed Services at our Platinum level – managing IT infrastructure, both hardware and software
- Involved in the strategic planning, design, procurement, staged delivery and management of an upgrade of all computer systems
- Project management of three IT related projects (including an office relocation of over 25 staff, and replacement of existing hardware and software)
Scope of Domain Digital’s Involvement:
To meet with Perth Glory’s requirements of their Information Technology Strategy.
Using our Five Pillars philosophy for on-boarding new clients, we were able to provide clear solutions to all the Club’s IT requirements through strategy discussions, comprehensive system security design for both desktop, mobile devices and servers.
Once deployed, we became responsible for the transition and backup of data, network security, data recovery planning and basic monitoring and management of their new systems.
As a Platinum client, Perth Glory benefit from:
- Unlimited phone and email support
- Remote monitoring of their software and operating system updates, data traffic, network security and backups
- On-site support for major issue resolution and preventative maintenance of hardware.
- With brand new hardware and the deployment of Windows 10 for every end user, the Club can now deliver its services to its internal and external clients using the latest technology
- The benefits of Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10 to the organisation is delivering an enhanced user experience
- Windows 10 offers a simpler, more secure login process by consolidating business and personal identity to help streamline access, particularly for mobile employees
- Microsoft Office 365 enables apps to be configured and deployed only once across multiple devices instead of the laborious process of downloading the same app multiple times. This not only streamlines the deployment of applications across the organisation, it also helps to reduce IT cost and complexity.
“Domain Digital provided the crucial support, project planning and service delivery we needed to get these projects over the line. They delivered what they said they would deliver, on time and on budget, and their professionalism shone through every step of the way.”– Peter Filopolous, CEO, Perth Glory
Domain Digital is proud to be the IT partner of the Perth Glory, to learn how we can benefit your business with an obligation free consultation simply fill in this form